Monday, June 24, 2013

Changing Directions

The work load from daily freelance jobs has not changed much over the week, however, I have been looking into a number of new writing opportunities. Only one of them seems to be a possibility right now, but it could be a great one-time gig that gives me something amazing for my portfolio. Let's hope I get it.

I have been trying to come up with articles on my own that I can sell to various outlets, but whenever I match a great idea to a publication where I would love to see my byline, I start researching only to find a very similar article already published by them. Then it's back to the writer's equivalent of a drawing board.

Speaking of drawing, I finally had the time to draw another comic this weekend. After months of not touching a sketchpad or pen, I was definitely out of practice, so I will not be posting my efforts until I can redraw it two or three times to get it right.

The novel is still going well. I'm not quite half done, but I'm very close to the halfway point. I'm hoping Camp Nanowrimo can get me over the edge. As far as the marketing goes, I'm a little behind on that stuff, but I'm hoping to catch up this week while I'm waiting for all that sweet sweet freelance work to come rolling in (I'm not holding my breath on that one).

No comments: