Monday, November 11, 2013

Persistence in November

I planned on starting this post to rejoice in the fact that I'm doing well in my NaNoWriMo adventure. But ten minutes ago I just cut ties with my major source of employment. I no longer felt I was being treated fairly (happens often in freelancing) so I'm not doing work through them anymore. And these are the kinds of things that tend to happen in the month of November to pull me away from any of my goals. But why stop now? I certainly have more time in my day to work on it.

Negativity is very bad for my creativity, so I'm trying to stay out of that space. It's so hard though. If there's no Point B to navigate to, I'm lost in every way. This is why I should have never listened to everyone who told me the safe route was the best route. If I had taken a chance when I had the means, I would be in a completely different place right now. I may have still been poor, but at least I wouldn't be held down by all of the anxiety and fear I've developed by hiding for so long.

Anyway, spent an hour feeling sorry for myself and now I'm back to work on the novel. At least it keeps me busy... we'll see how far I get by next week. 

No comments: