Monday, March 24, 2014

Coming Up in April

Ah, spring. I know the weather said it is supposed to snow soon, but I'm already thinking warm thoughts. I'm also thinking ahead to all of the events coming up in April, along with the projects I've created goals for. Here are just a few:

Camp NaNoWriMo

This is the no-pressure version of NaNoWriMo. I love it because I can set the word count, and I can work on a project that's been sitting around for awhile as apposed to working on something new. This year, I'm going to work on the same project I worked on last year. This time though, I will be finishing it off. I wrote about half of it the first time, and I've been adding to it here and there since. If I exceed my goals for camp this April, you may see another book out with my name on it before the end of the year.

National Poetry Month
Poetry--how I love you. I plan on doing a few things to celebrate National Poetry Month, including bringing back my Poetic Confessions. But sadly, I've ran out of poetry mistakes to admit to, so I'm depending on submissions from you this year. I'll be posting more information about that later in the week. 

You may also be seeing a giveaway as part of the celebration, so stay tuned!

Scriptwriting
I enjoy writing scripts, though I know it would be an extremely tough road to get anything produced with them. I'm definitely not connected to Hollywood--probably not even in six degrees of separation. April used to be the month for Script Frenzy, so I guess this is still a bit of a hangover of that. I just get this urge to write scripts in spring. I have one that I've been working on since the last Script Frenzy took place a couple of years ago. I want to finally finish it.  Once I do, it's off to Triggerstreet to watch people tear it apart (in a totally constructive way). Occasionally members get optioned. Who knows? Maybe it's good enough to get noticed there.

What are all of your writing plans for April?

No comments: