Saturday, March 22, 2014

You Don't Need a Kindle to Read a Book

...even if they are Kindle books! As a new author I'm hearing all the excuses, including the easiest way for people to get out of an awkward situation when I ask if they've bought my book yet. They say "Oh, I would but I don't have a Kindle. Sorry!" Mmm-hmm. An amateur might believe that, but I know what's up.

Instead of accusing people of dodging the book bullet, I'm simply going to assume that you do not know about all of Amazon's Kindle reading apps. So let me tell you right now--you don't need a Kindle to read a Kindle book! Kindle offers a FREE Kindle reading app for a TON of different platforms. This includes iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones and even Blackberrys. Also, you can get it for your Mac or Windows computer, iPad, Android tablet and Windows tablet.

What? You don't own ANY of those devices? That's okay. I know if you are reading this, you have access to a computer. Well, Amazon handles that too--you also have the option to read instantly in your browser.

Now you are telling me you don't have an Amazon account. Well, if you are going that far to make an excuse, at least I know you care about my feelings just a little bit.

1 comment:

K R Smith said...

There are also a number of eBook readers from other sources if you don't like the Amazon version. I use FBReader on my Android phone since it uses less resources than Amazon's Kindle application.

There is no excuse for not buying Terri's book!

Well, unless you're really, really broke...