Monday, March 28, 2016

What's Up for April

If you've been following the blog for awhile now, then you know what April means: National Poetry Month. Get excited! Okay, I know not all of you dig the free verse and iambic pentameter, so this year I'm not going to try and push any active participation. But I will be checking in often because I'm promising to do two things on my own to celebrate: read poetry and write poetry.

First, I'm going to make a point to read more poetry. Although I like it, I don't do it often enough. The titles I'm tackling in April include:




Second, I'm going to make a point to write more poetry. I've set the goal of one poem per day for the month of April. I'm not going to restrict myself to certain forms or line counts, so whatever comes out--that's going to be considered a walk on the poetic wild side. Will I share any of them? I don't know. If they are really bad, I won't. If they are really good, I should probably save them for submission. The mediocre ones? We'll see. ;-)

By the end of the week I'll also have more chapters of In Another Life on WriteOn. I think there are two or three ready to go, so you have a few days to catch up before the new chapters are released. Luck you!

No comments: