Monday, July 25, 2016

Race to the Halfway Point

I have a few days left to finish up my Camp NaNoWriMo project, but my eyes are not on the 50k prize. I'm aiming to get a solid 25k out of this month. It's not a huge deal for me if I don't make it to 50k. I know that the story will get there, just not in this short of a time frame. Now if this was November, I might be a little upset that I didn't make it. After all, the bragging rights alone are something you can bring up year-round whenever people say to you, "So you're a writer? That must be a pretty easy job." Ugh. Go away, you people! (you know who you are)

I wanted to get everything straightened out writing-wise so that I could maybe, possibly find a way to get out of town for a few days in August. Then I laughed at myself for even having such a thought. But no vacation is good news for anyone following In Another Life. I posted a couple new chapters over the weekend, and I'm expecting to have the rest of it up over the next two weeks. I'm still not sure whether I want to hold back the ending or not, but it seems on WriteOn that fewer people read works in progress than those labeled completed. I get it--I was reading things on there, following along, and tons of writers only put up a couple of chapters then pull the whole thing. It can be frustrating.

Since I totally went bananas requesting titles through NetGalley and Penguin, I'm going to go read for awhile. One book down, only ten more to go. ;-)

No comments: