Monday, September 11, 2017

September Updates

I am working hard on a number of projects. I'm sure I need to be telling myself it's crunch time, but for what? Perks of being my own boss, I guess. I treat my employees like superstars. ;-)



Like any good writer, I'm also looking to diversify my business and take full advantage of my skills. Along with the current gig I have on Fiverr, I'll be adding another one soon to help with editing blog posts. That, and I'm looking to take the first step in making my presence uber-professional, so I need to complete enough gigs to pay for that logo I've been wanting. I'm also embarking on a way to focus more on my fiction work (hint: rhymes with Smatreon), but you'll be hearing more about that in the coming weeks.

I know you're wondering about the writing. It's going as well as it can be. I have poetry ready to go for submission on Friday, MoL #3 is still coming along, and I'm nearly finished with revisions on my latest short story, which I hope to be submitting somewhere by the end of the month. I've also been slowly finishing a first draft that's been taking forever, and since I've switched what project I want to try with Kindle Scout, there are more plans to be made and writing to be done.

What are you working on this week?

4 comments:

K R Smith said...

I know you're wondering about the writing...

You are clairvoyant! Or I am. Anyway, I was just thinking it was time for a new blog post from you! And I mean literally an hour ago… Glad to know the Fiverr gig is working, and make sure you let me know when you have something on Kindle Scout.

What are you working on this week?

Trying to finish a few short stories, plugging the ZNB anthologies Kickstarter, hoping to squeeze in time to do a little artwork before Shore Leave next year (I’ll need some practice time for this…), and trying to survive these next few months. There are too many non-writing jobs I need to take care of in the next couple of months and not many (none?) are fun.

Speaking of poetry, I’ve been toying with a couple of ideas
1. A small book of dark, rhyming poetry. Not necessarily monsters and ghosts (although I have some of that) – even a dark mood or feeling would work.
2. A series of 4 books (again, small) of traditional haiku, each dealing with one of the seasons.

I’m not sure, however, if I have enough material to really fill these books, even relatively small ones. I was wondering if you might consider co-authoring if you have material that would fit (and doesn’t take away from your own projects). Any action on whatever I decide to do is at least a year away (probably more, the way I move) so you have plenty of time to think about it. Neither would likely be a best seller, but these ideas keep surfacing in my mind. If you have any thoughts, please pass them on!

Terri said...

We're probably both clairvoyant! It sounds like you have a lot of great projects in the works. It would be awesome to work on those poetry ideas with you. Since there's some time before you get started, I'll comb through the archives to see what I have sitting around. I don't know how much rhyming poetry I have that fits the bill, but I know I have plenty of haiku.

K R Smith said...

Sounds great! I'll get something together in the next couple of weeks to give you a better idea of what I have in mind and e-mail that to you. Nothing is cast in stone, so suggestions are always welcome!

Terri said...

Sounds good!