Thursday, August 23, 2018

News and Notes from the Writing Desk: August Edition


The Poetry Project

It terms of getting this project written, I'm on a roll. I have about half of my ideas fleshed out into full drafts, and plenty more ideas to fill in the rest of the pages. The sticking point on this one is the cover. I've tried working with multiple versions, and I still don't think I have it right. I'm going to post all of the versions I have (so far) on Patreon tomorrow so I can get some opinions on where I should go from here.

That YA Novel...

I've got a few pages down. I'm still feeling really protective over the title, so I haven't released it yet, and probably won't until I get the cover designed. I'm also having a hard time remembering what I learned in sociology, which is a big player in the story, so I'm going to have to refresh myself on what that's all about.

The Scriptwriting Itch is Back

The more I try to concentrate on just two projects until I see them through to the end, the more my brain wants to keep going back to other projects that are little more than a few scribbled notes. As much as I try to convince myself I need to stick to what I know and what is more likely to sell, I keep getting the itch to go back to scripts. I can't seem to ignore it this time. I keep thinking about two projects I have some notes for, but haven't actually started writing the script. One is a feature length, one is a thirty-minute pilot. Both topics are timely and a bit provocative, so I probably should work on them before it's too late to have the biggest potential impact. Then again, I'll probably get two pages in and talk myself out of it. I know there are avenues to getting these projects from start to finish, but it would be a bumpy road. 

No comments: