Thursday, August 09, 2018

The Reveal is Coming

I can't honestly say how long I've been talking about a poetry project that I wasn't quite ready to reveal yet, but it's getting closer. To be clear, it's not the poetry project I embarked on that had to do with the whole Instagram-poet-success stuff. They've got their lane, and I seem to have my own. That project felt too forced and didn't seem like me, so it's been put aside. It may be resurrected at some point in the future -- I never say never on a half-finished project.

What I'm talking about is one that I've already given hints to on Patreon as to cover options and what I'm considering using for short excerpts in the marketing, but I really haven't talked about the bulk of what it is yet (see what you're missing out on by not subscribing?).

And I'm going to make you wait just a little longer.



Here are the details I'm ready to give away: the project has 15 completed pieces so far, with notes and bits on about forty more. It's a themed project, which is not something I often set out to do. Usually I come up with a theme and find existing pieces that can fit under that umbrella. It will also contain a dozen or so famous quotes that fit with the theme, which is another concept that's new to my work.

The rest of the details will be coming soon on Patreon. The first update will be tomorrow, and I'm hoping to make this project a little more interactive with subscribers. They'll be able to help choose the final cover design, elements that I will use in marketing the book, possibly even a poem's order of appearance. This one will be independently published, so any and all opinions can be considered before publication.

If you want to be first in the know, make sure to sign up for my Patreon page. All of the updates, polls, and exclusive reveals for this project will be at the $1 per month level, which is a super deal (excerpts of my work are typically only available for $5+ patrons). Hope I'll see you there!

No comments: