Friday, January 18, 2019

News and Notes from the Writing Desk: January Edition

It's been busy around here: fifteen pieces sent to five publications. One entry fee. This should help me beat the odds and continue my momentum of getting new pieces out there. If these things ever do get published, it also gives me a little more room to get them out of my mind and make way for new pieces to be created. I still have a long list of publications and an even longer list of unpublished works, so this is just a start.



Upcoming Projects

Along with submitting work, I'm still getting bigger projects ready to go. My entire focus this month is on the poetry collection If It Was New York, Summer 2009. I wanted to have all the writing done by the end of 2018, but there are still about ten poems yet to be written. I also have to really sit down and think of the book blurb/synopsis. Those are a lot easier to write for regular fiction. Poetry covers so much, even in a collection that has a major theme tying everything together.

Whenever I move onto the formatting/pre-ordering phase of my poetry collection, I will be getting back to my YA novel. It's been waiting patiently for me to return to it--at least I hope Lola hasn't stood up and walked out with her story. You never know with teens.


You're a Star, Aren't You?

According to my Patreon page, there aren't any 2019 all-stars. I know you want to be an all-star with all the perks that come with it. What are you waiting for? Sign up to be an all-star and get a crazy amount of perks and exclusives. There are only 10 spots available, so wouldn't hesitate, especially if you are interested in getting both my entire digital backlist and a digital ARC of If It Was New York, Summer 2009 two weeks before it is officially released.

No comments: