Friday, March 08, 2019

News and Notes from the Writing Desk: March Edition

It's getting quite busy over here. There are a lot of projects in the air, and I'm trying to give equal time to it all before my mind decides it wants to go off and create something new.


If It Was New York, Summer 2009

The preorder is good to go--I have nothing left to do but promote it. I still have to work on the cover for the print edition, but other than that, it's just getting you to buy. And you want to buy it. Of course, you could also jump on the Patreon bandwagon and get it before anyone else... just think about it

In Another Life

I've dug this out of the huge virtual pile. Before opening the first file, I looked and noticed that I haven't opened and changed anything on the file for two and a half years. Yeah, that's the pace I'm going with this one.

I'm also kicking myself a bit because when I started this one, I thought it would be so much better to have a different file for every chapter. I was insane. I'm starting this revision process by simply putting it all together into one file like the Book Gods intended. Once that is finished, I have to pump up the action and intrigue, otherwise this title falls a little flat.

Short Stories

There has been no progress on this aspect. I would love to sit down and write a whole short story every day, but many of my ideas are not fully formulated, and those that are, I already wrote half the story and forgot where I was heading. That's a whole twisted ball of yarn to figure out in itself. I'll try to get one out of my head this weekend and see what it looks like.

Camp NaNo

I'm starting to get emails from Camp NaNo, and I'm not sure whether I want to participate this year or not. I know I could dig up something to concentrate on fully, I just don't know what that is yet. Maybe something else from that list I made...

I have a lot of writing to do. Let's get to it!

3 comments:

K R Smith said...

Don't feel too bad about creating a file for each chapter. That very idea crossed my mind years ago when I first thought about publishing a book of my own. And someday I hope to follow through on that and not just have anthology entries. Fortunately, from following the efforts of you and others, I discovered this wouldn't be the way to go as you don't submit the work to the publisher that way. It isn't that it's a bad way to write a book, but it makes for a whole lot more work if you try to publish it. It still makes some sense if you're going to publish it on-line as a serial on Patreon, for example, but only if you never plan to take it past that point.

K R Smith said...

Also, I've made it my "Book of the Month"...

https://www.theworldofkrsmith.com/p/book-of-month.html

It probably won't help much, but it's what I can do. As I note where most of my Blogger readers are from, I'm sure everyone in Ukraine will be informed... (I have no idea why I get so many hits from Ukraine.)

K R Smith said...

I've just updated the "Book-of-the-Month" page on my Blogger blog with the links to where it can be purchased and changed the text to show that it is now available. Been meaning to do that...