Friday, July 05, 2019

Summer and Such

We're deep into summer now. The Fourth has passed with the usual fanfare, and I got to have both a productive work day and some hot dogs. Although I didn't plan on going anywhere or doing anything typical of the holiday, I still dressed the part--I live in a small town. It's kind of a requirement. And I did end up at the store, so it wasn't a wasted fashion choice.



In terms of my work, I'm getting ready to send more out. I have a flash fiction and a regular short story that I keep peddling instead of writing more, which is really what I should be doing. I have to make a decision with the short story before I send it out again, because I think that the ending is what is killing its chances. I need to either change the last sentence because it's one of those "no duh, this is what the whole thing is about" sentences,  or I need to dump it altogether. I only have until the 12th to get it in, so I'm going to spend today looking at all different possibilities to give it a better chance at publication this time.

The flash fiction is very meta and is what it is. It's definitely not for everyone, so I just keep sending it out to see where it's going to stick.

I realized that I accidentally forgot about NaNoWriMo summer session, so I guess I won't be participating in that, but I will be over here just writing away.

No comments: