Thursday, September 12, 2019

Making Progress and Moving Forward

Just to see what kind of time commitment I would be making, I decided to start building a new version of TSW on Wix using a blog template. It seems that it would go smoothly, considering I was able to design the homepage and upload a single post in about fifteen minutes.









The biggest issue I see for doing this is moving all of my old posts onto the new blog. There's something like 1700 right now, and Wix doesn't do any sort of automatic importing from Blogger. Of course I wouldn't want to transfer every post, because a few are paid posts and since I'm not benefiting from them anymore, they don't need to make the move. They just need to stay here in perpetuity.

The other thing I've been exploring this week is publications on Medium. Apparently, that is how writers get so many views and have a better chance of getting those important money-making views. I have applied to join one, but I'm still thinking about what my first article submission would be. I've got some ideas, but nothing written yet. That's what I will be working on the rest of the week.

1 comment:

DRC said...

Oh good luck. I've considered moving my blog but it's too much hassle. It is due for a makeover though. That's always fun. Watch this space.