Friday, August 10, 2007

Want to know a secret? I've been writing a television show. Not a big secret, but for the past three days I've been typing away for hours on end. I already have a full first draft of the pilot script. Now, I still don't know how to write scripts well, so it's definitely rough, but I'm just proud that I actually went from start to finish on something that I was working on. It's crazy. I'm already a quarter of the way through a second episode, so I hope that I'm not doing all of this for nothing. At least I'm having fun.

The stories aren't moving though. I can't revise without printing, and I'm just too lazy to go to a printer and too broke to buy ink for mine. Maybe once classes start, I'll be able to fit revising in with all those classes that I have to take. At least I don't have to revise much of the poetry... it's gonna suck no matter what I do to it.

I like Angel now. I'm still confused about what's going on at times (I've only watched half of season 3, season 4, and so far the first half of season 5) but I REFUSE to watch Buffy to learn what's going on. It's still a very good show. And I think that watching all these DVDs lately has been the reason I've wanted to write my own TV series. Not that the one I'm writing has any vampires in it, but... I'm still trying to tackle a complicated storyline. Whatever. I need to revise it and pitch it to a producer before I die. And go work on it instead of rambling in my blog.

No comments: