Saturday, April 05, 2008

So after almost two months, I made it through an old issue of Shambhala Sun. It took me that long because I have been writing way more than reading these days. But because work was slow this week, I finished the magazine. And you know what? Four of the main articles in the issue were writing related. And do you know what that did? Yes sir, it inspired me to get my pen out once again. I couldn't move my hand by Thursday afternoon, but it was well worth it. I think I got a few good memoir/essay ideas. I do not normally write this type of stuff, but I thought since I had really good ideas for it that I would give it a shot. I really have nothing better to do (besides get fat) when I'm not working.

In other news, I get my new computer tomorrow! I'm happy. Let's just hope that it was built properly... and now I'll be twice as efficient in my work and maybe I'll be able to pay the damn thing off quickly.

I'm still looking for apartments in West Lafayette... it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have to many specifications and expectations for certain prices. That's what I get for not taking care of any of this a long time ago on my own. I rely way too much on people, and now I can't. There I go again... growing up. Does it ever stop??

No comments: