Monday, April 06, 2009

I feel like Melanie

Melanie: the girl in Hitchcock's The Birds. For the past three or four nights, a lovely little bird has been waking me up between 4:30 and 5:00 in the morning. It is so loud, once I wake up I'm usually unable to get back to sleep until it stops. And when does this little bird cease? Around 6AM. I'm supposed to wake up at 7, but now I sleep through my alarm.

I honestly don't know what to do about this little problem. It seems to me if it wakes me up, others in my apartment complex would be bothered by it too. I really want to knock on some doors and find out if that's true. And in the past two days, I woke up and actually went to my window to see where the bird was, but it was impossible to tell. I know that it either lives in the bushes or in the trees in front of my apartment, but the trees are pretty far away for the volume of that little bugger. I even asked a friend who knows about birds what type it could be, but without a visual, I can't offer her much to go on.

It's wreaking havoc on my writing. I didn't wake up until 9 this morning, and I had a lot to do. I still have a lot to before I go to bed tonight, but I feel like a walking zombie! More coffee is my only answer at the moment.

No comments: