Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Tale of Two Passions

I have decided that I can't live without writing or genealogy. I have made it a point to combine the two for awhile. My first endeavor was to write about the Top Five Free Genealogy Websites. I never want to pay for anything I do, so it's a pretty good list of things that are actually free, and not just free to search.

I'm also looking into starting a blog about my family genealogy. I feel weird about sharing that kind of information, so I don't know if I'll do that just yet - I might wait until I have better information on ancestors that go back farther than the ones I've been researching lately.

The one thing I do know that I will definitely start is collecting research for a book I want to write. It's about gangsters and all that, so it should be fun. Let's just hope it doesn't end up in the trash like so many other ideas that I had. Usually when I try to research for something, six months into it someone will publish the exact same book I was trying to write. I come up with good ideas all the time, it's just usually not at the right time. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days.

1 comment:

Patricia Rockwell said...

I'll be interested to see what you discover. I did a massive genealogy search about ten years ago for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and compiled it. Haven't done anything since, so I'm sure the databases available online now are much better.