Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fighting a battle

I'm fighting a huge battle with my sleeping habits. I'm generally a morning person, waking up at 7 AM to get dressed and start working by 8. I go to bed almost the same time every night, just after The Daily Show is over. But these past two weeks have been hell because I can't seem to get out of bed at all. Sometimes, while I'm still mostly asleep, I'll get out of bed and turn the alarm clock off an hour before it ever rings.

Anyway, because of this, I feel extremely tired all day. No amount of caffeine can pick me up, and I end up not working as hard or as long on my writing as I need to. While it's true that it's easy to work on some of my projects even after this sleep problem, it's usually not projects for money. And that's the thing that's going to break me soon. I guess I just need to hurry up and move so that I can have more of a reason to wake up early - I'm not downloading the Today Show podcast on my laptop, so I have to watch the first hour in real time. It's probably the silliest thing you've ever heard, but I think this is exactly what I need to wake up on time again.

And I need to make a change, so I'm pretty sure that this is the last time I'll be whining on my blog. After all, it's supposed to be about my experience as a writer, not a whiner! So that means on my list of to-do's next week I will add those interview questions. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be able to kick off my blogger/writer interviews... maybe. BIG maybe. So until, Monday, keep those fingers flying across the keyboards!

No comments: