Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reinventing Inspiration

I've noticed lately that I have slipped into a comatose-like state when it comes to my creativity and inspiration. The past few weeks have been endless days of work--workout--work--Woody Allen movie--work. Now don't get me wrong--sometimes my work brings up fascinating inspiration. Just not lately.

But today, I did one of the simplest things to get my juices flowing again--I pulled out a book I bought a few months ago called an Idea Log. I purchased it from Modcloth.com. I love the stuff there, but personally I know that this was an overpriced excuse for an $0.88 composition book at Wal-Mart. I bought it when I still lived with my parents, so obviously it's almost completely empty. There was one little idea written in it, and maybe someday I'll see it through, but at the moment it's kind of weak.

I don't know why this little mustard-colored book did it for me, but it did. I have been furious writing ideas, quotes, goals and other such writing goodies in it since I pulled it out of the closet. Now I just need to buy a bigger purse when I go to the mall this weekend so that I can keep it (and my Diana Mini, who's being neglected at the moment) with me always.

There's nothing like a new notebook or a totally fab pen to get re-inspired, so that's my writing tip of the day. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, just something fun that you would love to use on your next writing adventure.

Now I'm going to go visit an old friend... a novel in progress.

No comments: