Monday, June 20, 2011

What A Week

Usually I don't have exciting things to write on this blog--hence the low number of dedicated readers (I still appreciate all of you!!). But this last week was such a whirlwind of activity. I'm not making a huge dent in my stacks of unread books, but I have worked on a lot of my projects--enough to declare these particular pieces are finally ready for contests or magazine submissions. Maybe it's only 1% of everything I have ever started, but it's still an accomplishment.

And the comic? Slow going, but still going. Definitely still going. I may have to slack off posting those for awhile though. I'm running out of the general stories. Most of the comics I worked on last week are part of the bigger project and don't really stand alone. And just a heads up--when I do post a new comic, it's almost always going to be on a Thursday... unless I forget. Which I totally did last week.

Now that all of the business is out of the way, I'll give you some notes on the personal life, because I know you are just dying to know what boring things go on in this little apartment of mine. First, let me just tell you that a positive attitude is such a useful tool. People have been telling me this for years, but I was quite content holding on to my passive-aggressive pessimism up until now. This new-found outlook has given me a great distraction from the isolation I've put myself in, the refrigerator (which my waistline thanks dearly), and the occasional upsets I used to blow completely out of proportion.

Being positive does come with a downside: my face hurts from laughing and smiling so much.

No comments: