Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's Been Up?

Well... I haven't been getting a lot of work done, or a lot of books read, but I have been at the zoo. I took Monday off and went with the nephew. It was fun, but the place just wasn't as big as I remembered when I was younger.



Yesterday was supposed to be the day I really hit it hard--I wanted to finish reading two books, draw 5 comics, and finish polishing a flash fiction for a contest. Did I get any of it done? Well, maybe a little, but not enough to feel accomplished. I did much better today, but still not hitting the goals that I need to. Whether it's lack of motivation, lack of caffeine, or just because I tend to wake up at all hours of the night now, I need to figure out what's holding me back. The truth? I'm waiting for a sign that tells me I'm on the right path. Haven't seen it yet. But why should I wait for something like that? Doesn't working on these projects every single day make me feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing? In most ways, yes. But I guess my real concern is if all of this hard work I'm putting in will get me where I want to go.

I might be getting a little philosophical, but at least I'm not depressed... yet.

No comments: