Monday, October 10, 2011

Today is Step 1

I had a blast this weekend going back to Ball State for homecoming with some friends (although they did lose top Temple 42-0). We had planned on going to the game, but tailgating got the best of us. We spent a lot of time waiting for the dogs and burgers to grill. And I promised myself before going back to Muncie that once I returned and rested a little bit, it would be back to business and all my plans this morning. I'm trying to keep that promise to myself.

Step 1 in this plan is to revamp the resume. What I really want to accomplish with the revamp is how best to list my freelance writing experience. I'm not sure if I want to list specific companies I have worked for, or if that's even necessary. I guess I'll be doing a lot of example-searching today! Once I get all of those details out of the way, it'll be time for Step 2: the Cover Letter. This I have little experience in writing (I think I've manage to write one since I first learned what a cover letter was) so that will be tons of fun, I'm sure.

I'm more excited than ever about these tasks just because there's news flying around that my current freelance gig may be diminishing... or even disappearing. It has already been slow on and off for months. I did my normal cry-it-out-and-get-it-over-with yesterday and I'm back with a vengeance. After the resume and cover letter are complete I'll be looking towards finding a new gig or, as people still put it to me, a real job until I see what happens with this internship.

Positive thoughts work, right? I guess they can't hurt!!!

No comments: