Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Drawing A Big Blank

I can't write. I can't do it. My mind is absolutely, utterly blank. ___________ 

Yeah, what writer hasn't felt that from time to time? On Sunday, I had one of the best writing days I've had in a long time, but yesterday and today--not so much. It seems to be the harder I try, the less that happens. I'm aware the process isn't magic, but it is pretty finicky. I have a habit of placing blame on other things, so here I go: other thoughts. It's those pesky worries about finances, moving, trying to find a way out of rut that makes the creativity fall by the wayside.

I may have a solution though. Meditation seems to work up to a point. This is the quickest way to get back into the groove, but getting out and getting away works as well, as long as I'm not feeling guilty wasting time or money to do it. I'm trying everything I can, but it may take awhile before I'm back to where I want to be.

No comments: