Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Art of Progress

“I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.” --Carl Sagan

Trying to live by these words, but I am also the type to scoff at "slow and steady wins the race." I'd rather risk running out of breath at the finish line and just get there already. I still haven't started to sort through all of my unnecessary material possessions--when I first started getting into a little Buddhism in college is when I should have given up the idea that material possessions make me happy. Except, many times, they do.

Happily, work is getting in the way of getting all of these things out of my life. I'm not necessarily getting better projects, but I am getting a larger amount of projects to keep me a busy little writer. And when I can spare a moment, I'm budgeting, researching and planning like mad to make sure I'm not going to get caught up in a dream without a plan.

No comments: