Monday, August 20, 2012

Getting a Hard Shove in the Right Direction

This weekend was another whirlwind. I helped move more things for other people that I didn't even know we all had (cleaning out a garage--not as much fun as it sounds). I did get some pretty good Indian food out of it though. What I really wanted to do this weekend was to dive in my boxes and start getting stuff out to sell. That didn't happen, but I hope get the ball rolling on that one this week.

And that whole "I'm not letting myself get comfortable in the new place" thing? I don't have to worry about that. I'm being reminded, almost hourly, that I need to move and I'm not supposed to be here for more than a couple of months. While my family may think this is their way of finally supporting my decision to leave for New York, it's getting to the point where it's insulting. I don't really need to be reminded that often that I should leave. Trust me, I don't want to be here in the first place.

As for the writing... I did get good news yesterday. One of my short stories will be published over at Luna Station Quarterly in September. It's another step forward on the creative side of the writing, but in terms of the day-today stuff, well, that's it's usual dullness with the occasional hint of frustration.

Maybe I owe this all to the cricket living under my bed right now... they are supposed to be good luck when they enter your home--as long as you don't squish them into oblivion.

No comments: