Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 -- It Better Be Good

This year, like nearly every other year, I will be spending New Year's Eve in front of the TV tuned to CNN--probably without booze, but that could always change, depending if the break in to talk about the fiscal cliff again.

It's not as pathetic as it sounds. I can only remember ringing in the New Year with other people twice--last year and when I was ten years old. And I can definitely tell you that sharing the experience did not make the event itself or the year as a whole any better. In fact, I believe both years I spent with others turned out to be a couple of pretty bad years. So, I am glad I am home alone, in my PJs and writing poetry.

I read someone's tweet today that said the Greeks believe what you do on the first day of the year you will do all year long (or something like that--I'm poor at paraphrasing). So, I will be writing poetry until and slightly after midnight, because I don't want this sudden surge of creativity to stop in 2013. 

For those who are venturing out to have fun, be happy and be safe. And let's hope everyone finds their success in 2013.

No comments: