Monday, February 25, 2013

Let's Hope That Doesn't Happen Again

Last week I all of my work was derailed by my first migraine. It took about 36 hours for the headache part of it just to go away, then the eye pain lasted a little longer, making me want to avoid sitting in front of the computer screen for any serious length of time. But all is better now, and I really hope that more migraines are not in my future because besides the pain, I really can't afford to be in a dark room, in bed with my eyes closed for that length of time.

So, this week I'm doubling my efforts to actually get everything done. There are tons of articles I need to complete, more work on a serial idea I'm playing around with and of course there's poetry. I'm halfway through my fellowship application, but I don't know if I'm doing it right. The only real requirement is 250 word introduction to my work. However, I have no idea what that means. Do I need to address specific poems included in the application, or am I supposed to be more general? This is why I hate applying for things. I always second-guess myself.

Although, through all this I may need to hide my Kindle. I just found The Sims app and I know that will drain me dry of time I could have put to better use. 

No comments: