Monday, June 03, 2013

Quiet Weekends Always Welcome

I had a really quiet, relaxing weekend. It's usually not that way, so I was glad I had the time to reflect, unwind and work on the novel. If I had to measure the portion of it that is complete, I would say I have a solid 25% written and revised. That's a far cry from being done, but within the next six weeks, it should be completely written, even with my record of procrastination and very flexible scheduling.

I'm also still chugging away at all of the marketing issues I need to complete during the editing process and in the future. The first big step in the plan is to start a Facebook author page, followed by an actual website. While the website may take a little time to get up and running, I should have the Facebook page up very soon. I also have a little surprise planned for those who are itching to get a sneak peek at the story. Hopefully that will be accomplished within the coming weeks as well.

What are your writing plans for the week?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K R Smith said...

I've often thought about setting up a separate web site, but I'm not sure what I'd put on it that would be different from my blog, especially since I can add a (limited) number of stand-alone web pages to it. I've done web development while employed with state government a few years ago, so doing a small site, even with database look-ups and such, wouldn't be difficult, but for my situation, I can't seem to justify the time and effort. If you have something in mind, however, it could give you a bit more flexibility in how you present things. There's always Google Sites if you want to try a free one.

Looking forward to seeing some of your story!

My writing plans are to finish a short story for submission and do final editing on a poem.

Terri Deno said...

Yeah, I'm thinking that at the beginning a website would have similar content to the blog, but it's always a good idea to buy your domain name before you get famous. ;)

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here from а ԁіffеrent web
aԁdress and thought I mаy as well cheсk thingѕ out.

I liκe whаt ӏ see so now i
am fοllowing you. Lоok foгωaгԁ tо finding οut abοut уоuг wеb page
yеt аgain.

my ωeb ρage ... review most affordable hotel rates

Anonymous said...

I love reading through an article that will make people think.
Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

My website free psn codes

Anonymous said...

Your method of descгibing all in this аrticle is really fastіdious,
all be able tο without ԁifficulty be аware of it,
Thanκs а lot.

my ρagе - Top ten Means To Come across The Inexpensive Resorts And Low-priced Vacation Specials For London

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to
keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what you had to
say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Also visit my page :: sex life []