Monday, October 14, 2013

Well...

I must confess--I'm out of the retail world almost as fast as I jumped into it. While I liked many aspects of the job, there were just some I couldn't handle. I know I'm being vague, but that's nearly the same thing I said when I quit. Although I can't list all the things that were wrong, I just know that job wasn't the right fit for me.

So, I'm back to writing full time. At least for the moment. There are other jobs out there to be had, which are mostly seasonal now. That may actually benefit me in a way, so that I know there's an end in sight if I just can't deal with the next one.

And unfortunately, when I say I'm back to writing, it's only web copy. I haven't touched a piece of fiction since I started working outside of the home office. I really want to get back to it, but I'm having a hard time just clicking on the computer file. I don't know why, but as soon as I figure it out I know that the words will just start pouring out again.

While I'm picking up all the pieces, I'm really pushing to get the website and Facebook page launched. I was able to get a great deal on a site (at least for the first year), so I need to roll it out by the end of the week--hopefully sooner. And the only thing stopping me from publishing the Facebook page right now is getting the profile pic up. It's a hard decision, and I may have someone just go ahead and take a new one so I don't have to think about it anymore. As always, if anything is ready to launch, I'll make sure to let you all know.

No comments: