Friday, October 24, 2014

Reconnected... and It Feels So Good

Well, as of 7PM last night, I have Internet access again. It wasn't easy, and I didn't think it would happen. A call was finally placed, and the cable experts on the phone were adamant this this equipment would no longer work because of the speeds being paid for. Yet four hours after that call was placed, the Internet was running again, and might I add, faster than ever. Huh. But this equipment is inferior? Okay...

Anyway, I've been trying to catch up on all my emails and getting back to work. The three-day hit I'm taking in the wallet doesn't help, but luckily there is work to be had now that I'm back online. Will I still have to go out and find seasonal retail work? Looks like it. And New York is getting put off indefinitely. Money is the main issue since we are now officially in lets-hike-up-the-prices-for-the-holidays season, but the hatchet attacks on the streets and deadly diseases infiltrating the city are making me feel not so bad about not getting there right now.

So I'm going to focus on what is good around here. NaNoWriMo starting next week? Check. Tons of samples/campaigns/VoxBoxes/free stuff coming in the mail? Check. Still having a three-year backlog of books to read? Check. So it's not so bad.

1 comment:

K R Smith said...

Welcome back!