Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 1 Wrapup and On to Week 2



Here's the compilation video, as promised. It sucks. I had a music track for it, but after a computer update yesterday, Movie Maker went bizzaro and started making an awful screeching, popping noise instead of the track. The program has changed since I last used it a few years ago and is more frustrating than I remembered, so next week I think I'll be using Adobe Premiere Elements. 

Week 1 of NaNoWriMo has gone surprisingly well. In past years, I've usually fallen behind at this point. By the 15th, I'm out of the game completely. This was always due to a lot of things--lack of money, lack of work (we're smack in the middle of the freelance holiday dead zone), and the guilt that comes along with spending so much time and effort on something that may never make a dime for me. While the guilt has subsided this year, every other little problem that had held me back in the past is actually ten times worse. Either I'm getting too old to care about things or I'm being really, really stupid. I haven't decided yet.

As of right now, I'm still on track with my work count. The novel went from focusing on the narrator to focusing on the narrator's boss. I don't know how that happened, but it's making it easier to meet the word count. Eventually, I'll get back to the narrator's seemingly petty problems.

No comments: