Monday, November 17, 2014

#NaNoWriMo14: In the Thick of It

Let's just pause for a moment to recognize two things about this year's NaNoWriMo experience:

1. I have yet to quit due to time constraints, stress, a lack of creativity and all of those previous excuses I have used.

2. Aside from a small 1k-word shortage, I'm relatively on track for finishing by November 30.

This is an accomplishment in itself, whether I end up winning or not. I'm finally at the point in my life/career that I realize how plowing through writing on a daily basis works much better than waiting for that spark of creativity. I hate to admit all of those people who shovel out writing advice are right, but hey--someday someone will tell me that I'm right on some obscure subject, and we'll be even.

I must also address my Vine experiment. I've managed to put up a video everyday, but I realize how boring they are. The last two have been screenshots of my Nano stats page. I'll do better, I swear. I'm also forgoing the weekly YouTube video compilation hoping that I can get a much better 30-day compilation made in December. You know... one that actually includes words and stuff so the videos don't look like a jumble of random clips.

And a little early Christmas reminder for you: a book of haiku always makes a great gift, so pick up Unfolding Life today and check it off of your shopping list. ;-)

No comments: