Monday, April 06, 2015

Taking on Camp like a Champ

I'm just a few hundred words from hitting 10k on my Camp NaNoWriMo project for April. Short of making a Vine doing a happy dance, I can't begin to express how thrilled I am about this. I won't just say that it is all hard work--honestly, when I get on a roll, thousands of words pour out in just an hour. There are two major factors to this new-found success at just simply writing: I'm working on a project I am absolutely passionate about, and I have a new mindset. I'm not letting negative vibes into my life anymore. There's just no room for them.

My camp project is book #2 in my trilogy series (titled For Another Day, if you were interested), but writing the first draft of it is just a very small part of all of the effort that's going into the series. I'm writing by day, revising book #1 by night. And after these revisions are done, I'm going to need some beta readers, so if you are interested let me know. I'm still wrestling with how to categorize it, but the one that fits best right now is suspense. I plan to have the revisions done by the end of the month--that would put me on a schedule of a late summer release.

Oooh.. can't you just feel the excitement in the air?!


**SHAMELESS PROMOTION TIME**

I'm still raising money for NaNoWriMo this month so that they can keep doing these great writing programs and more! Just head on over to my donation page and check it out.

Oh, and spring cleaning has arrived. So why not help me clear out my bookshelves by picking up a great book from my Half.com store?

I know you want some new reading material, and spring is a great time for haiku! Pick up your copy of Unfolding Life today--also available at Amazon.

No comments: