Tuesday, May 05, 2015

If I Don't Need It, It's Out

This week it's all about getting the clutter out of the way. I know I probably missed the spring cleaning bandwagon, but this clutter-clearing session is more about moving than it is about cleaning in general. I need to get rid of anything that's not important and that I couldn't see taking with me (good advice for revising your writing, too). Problem is, I find a lot of things important. I get sentimental about scraps of paper or little mementos that look like trash to everyone else. I seem to be the only one who knows the stories behind them, so... yeah. Lots of things that I have to sort through.

The one thing I'm not sentimental about are the books I have. I mean yes, some of them I love dearly. But it really is time to part with a good percentage of my library so I don't have to think about it anymore. I tried selling a few on Half.com, but because that's a very slow way of selling, I'm just going to go and donate them all. My local Goodwill is getting a huge literary haul at the end of the week. Your welcome.

But don't worry, the writing isn't suffering through all this chaos. After almost two weeks of not being able to log into Biosgraphy, I was finally able to put up another piece about my short stint experimenting with the Law of Attraction which you can read here. I'm also still knee-deep in book #3 of the trilogy, and I've begun an outline for a crime thriller that I may hold off for NaNoWriMo in November. Or I may get too excited about it and start writing it tomorrow--you never know. ;-)

No comments: