Thursday, June 11, 2015

The First Listen: Joy Williams VENUS #JoyWilliams #O2O



The summer always offers up a chance to listen to new music and find that special summer sound that we all love to play. This summer, Joy Williams may have a big part in that summer sound you'll be hearing. Once a member of The Civil Wars, Williams is now on her own and revealing her honest story through her album Venus.



Each of the songs on the album tells part of her story, but it definitely goes bigger than that--the lyrics also provide the listener with a bit of light and encouragement that can come with the clarity of getting through rough times. When it comes to the sound, Williams provides an eclectic mix of country storytelling, dance beats and very clean pop hooks that are interesting to listen to over and over again.

My personal favorites to listen to on this album are "Woman (Oh Mama)", "One Day I Will" and "The Dying Kind." Check out the video for "Woman (Oh Mama)" yourself and let me know what you think:



Venus is available from iTunes and from Amazon so you can discover it for yourself. It's available for download, on CD and vinyl (my personal favorite).

**I participated in the Joy WIlliams Venus album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

No comments: