Monday, July 06, 2015

July is Buzzing

This is going to be a very busy week! First of all, Unfolding Life will be FREE on Amazon July 6-8. That means if you haven't picked up a copy yet, you have plenty of time to get it. And if poetry isn't your thing, you can always pick up my Kindle Worlds romance novella The Callaways: Melody of Love for just $1.99.

Now that the shameless promotions are out of the way, let's talk about my July session of Camp NaNoWriMo. It's not going well. Yes, the month starts with a holiday, but since I laid around and watched a The Twilight Zone marathon for half the day, I have no excuse for having less than a thousand words (as of writing this post). I need to get back to business on that. My problem? I think I'm getting too caught up in the historical details of my work. The novel/serial/project (whatever label you want to use) is set in October 1942, so I worry I don't have enough historical details. Then I go looking for some and get lost in all of the research. I'm easily fascinated, especially with all the 1940s era YouTube videos I found.



But, no matter how much history fascinates me, I have to get writing. I'll save the details for the revision draft, otherwise it may never get written. So it's back to doing what I do best. Are you working on anything exciting this week?

No comments: