Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chapter 2 Now Live

If you're interested in getting your weekly fix of In Another Life, I have posted the second chapter on Write On. Let me know what you think!

So, what else is going on in my writing life? I'd love to say TONS, but I'm slowly working through a first draft of a novel. Slowly. Like, 200 words a day slowly. But 200 words a day is better than none. I'm hoping to find a better writing schedule so I can maximize the time I have to do it each day. If not, I'm going to have to put myself back on a strict schedule--which only means that I'm on a schedule for about two days before someone else royally messes with it.



Pair the slow progress with the constant distraction of other ideas--stories, poetry, nonfiction--it's all floating around in that brain of mine. I need to jot it on paper and get on with my life, but I find that mulling it over for a few days helps to really solidify the idea first. Or is that just weird? (Oh well. Writers are weird even on their best days!) What's your style for getting an idea out of your brain and onto the page?

No comments: