Friday, July 03, 2020

The Resurrection of the Novella

As promised, I come bearing the July's plans for writing. I know that there are plenty of avenues I could choose from, but I wanted to make sure I put my effort towards something that could get out relatively fast, draft to final version. That's why I'm turning my attention back to novellas. I have two distinct novella projects that are still in the first-draft-of-a-first-title-in-the-series stage. I want to push at least one forward, but hopefully I will have the determination to get both of them chugging along once again.



If you haven't been hanging out here for a awhile, I'll refresh your memory about the two series. The first series I started was a sweet romance novella series that has a mostly revolving cast of characters because the series is based around a specific place, rather than a bunch of the same characters.

The second novella series started as a single story, but since it takes place over the span of anywhere between 20-40 years, breaking it up into smaller bites seems to be the way to go. This series does revolve around a family (and close friends) following their trials and tribulations.

I'll have to be very strict with my schedule, but I'm sure I can bring something out of the first draft stage by the end of the month. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

NASSAH said...

Cool idea.. Good luck