Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No more commitments!

It’s official: all of my work commitments are complete as of this moment. I’m proud of myself because I actually worked past any commitments that I had for most of my jobs and I still ended up with it all done two days early.

But this in no way means that I plan to slow down. Nope, now it’s time to come up with some articles on my own to write. I will be keeping up with my travel series as well. But since I’m a little spacey right now, I’ll have to think about some article topics before I get started. That’s usually the hardest part about writing – getting the bright idea.

Just for curiosity’s sake: what’s the hardest part about writing for all of you? Besides getting the idea, I have real trouble being my own editor. I’m an excellent editor if I’m looking at something I didn’t write, but my own work suffers. It’s a strange thing, and something I’m looking to work on, along with my long list of commitments for next month.

1 comment:

Patricia Rockwell said...

Revising is particularly difficult. Not knowing if you are accomplishing exactly what the editor wants. You don't want to go too far, but you want to go far enough. I am stuck in this position right now with my novel.