Monday, January 18, 2010

A Mind Matter

Last week was one of those weeks where no matter where you are or what you're doing, there's something on your mind that just doesn't let you concentrate on the task at hand. Unfortunately, this is carrying over to this week. It's totally a personal issue, not professional, so I don't want it to affect my work in any way. So far, I haven't been able to help it. And my issues are all in my head. It's a long, complicated and confusing story, but let me just say that if Facebook and MySpace hadn't been invented, I wouldn't be having any issues at this point.

What bothers me the most is that I know that social media networks are not the be-all-end-all of friendships. But sometimes these things really let you know where you stand in the world. I have definitely been put in my place recently. I think the best therapy I can use to understand and resolve my feelings about this situation is to just write it out, or better yet, work on writing that totally distracts my mind away from my real life. That's the only way I'll probably be able to come to terms with a reconnection gone bad. It's just too bad that any of this had to happen in the first place.

No comments: