Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fire Up the Back Burner

...because I've got something to simmer. I set out to finish two first draft manuscripts this month, and I'm halfway there. The novel that I started for NaNoWriMo last November (Verses and Vows) is now a complete first draft! It's a very rough first draft, but there's a distinct beginning, middle and end to work with. And since any good writer will tell you that you need a little space between writing and revising, that's exactly what I plan to do.

The other first draft (In Another Life) is still right in the middle of all the action. If I want to get both of these novels published before the end of the year, I really have to get this first draft finished by spring. This second novel is actually the one I want to put out first, simply because it is the novel I chose to have cover art done for when I won a contest last year. This novel process has actually been going completely backwards--I have the cover and a lot of the promotional work planned out, but I'm still lacking the actual novel. 

If I want to get anymore done, I better get back to it. ;-)





* * *
P.S.: If you are curious about any of my current or upcoming work, you don't have to wait for the next blog post. Go ahead and follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. I'm also on LinkedIn if that's more your thing.

No comments: