Monday, April 20, 2015

It's Not Over #CampNaNoWriMo

I met my goal for Camp NaNoWriMo this weekend! It's a good thing, too because I woke up this morning in one of those moods that's not particularly good for getting a lot of writing done.



Anyway, it was a goal of 25k which is really only half a novel. And I technically ended up with a whole novel because that's where the draft came to a natural end. Book #2 of the trilogy has a drastically short first draft, but that's just the way I tend to write. Most writers suffer from overwriting. I suffer from underwriting. Oh well... it's nothing I can't fix during the revision process.

And I'm not done yet. Since April isn't over and I still have a third book to write, I started right in on it yesterday. This one has a much longer, more detailed outline so I should be able to get a full-length draft out of it.

Oh, and don't forget to help support NaNoWriMo and all the great things it does for writers by visiting my donation page. You still have plenty of time to contribute!

No comments: