Wednesday, November 11, 2015

#NaNoWriMo 2015: DAY 11

Come on... sing with me:



Although I only managed to write about 500 words today, I'm not feeling too much pressure to meet my daily word count. I know that I can still take care of that with a little extra effort on the weekends. What I am feeling pressure about is getting it right the first time. I know that no writer gets everything good the first time around, because there are too many editors on this earth that are fully employed to prove otherwise.

The problem is I thought about this story for two months before I wrote the first word. It's a full-on cinematic extravaganza in my head. But once I put the words down, it doesn't seem to be as powerful or as exciting or thought-provoking as I wanted it to be. I know it's just me and my extremely high expectations, but the pressure to get a better first draft is looming over my head. I guess I'll just have to chase it away with more writing.

No comments: